Uzi Q of Derby + Diapers nominated (and thus awarded) me for a Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks again, Uzi! According to the rules of the VBA I now have to share 7 things about myself and nominate some blogs.
Seven things about me:
- For exactly two months in high school, I went by “Annie” (my middle name is Ann.) Only one person called me that, though, so I switched back to my first name.
- When I started watching Doctor Who last year, my friend Eric could not wait until I got to season six so I could be rechristened Mels and know what that nickname referenced
- I played violin for a year or so as a kid before we moved somewhere that didn’t have a music program for elementary students. I constantly plot to get a cheap one off e-bay and reteach myself.
- My second toes are longer than my big toes.
- I spent a ridiculous amount of time in the seventh grade staring at myself in the bathroom mirror, on a quest to learn to raise a single eyebrow. (I succeeded. Can only raise lefty independently.)
- Until I was 14 or 15, I was the only female cousin of my generation on my dad’s side; the other gazillions of cousins were boys.
- I’m terrified of heights. I have both parasailed and done ropes courses to try and cure myself of it. Next step: jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.
Some award-worthy bloggers:
I’m totally cheating. I’m just gonna point you to a couple of my favorite links in the sidebar to the left. Try Diary of a Rollergirl, Eenie Meanie Skates, Unofficial Derby Official, Epbot, Fit and Feminist, and the Bloggess.
If you’re in DC today, why not stop by Nellie’s Sports Bar between 5 and 8 and spend some quality time with the DC Rollergirls before the bout on Saturday?